Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Last Gift I Gave Her - blue lace agate, hematite, and silver pendant

neo-elegance pendant made of tappered agate with vertical sterling silver wrap encasing hematite teardrop
Though I designed roughly 75 pieces of Art Nouveau and Art Deco inspired jewelry that would later become part of the basis behind the Neo-Elegance art theory, this necklace pendant was the only one I actually made.  Motivated by the upcoming birthday of my Muse, the true inspiration behind all of my jewelry designs, I spent a solid week shaping the stones for this piece. I started with a chunk of rough polished blue lace agate that was carved to shape and then wrapped it with a vertical sterling silver band that encases a hand-shaped hematite teardrop in front.

Materials Used: Blue Lace Agate, Hematite, and 0.925 Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 1" x 1.75" x 0.75"
Year Created: 2004
Status: In Private Collection

Tags: , , ,

0 Responses to “The Last Gift I Gave Her - blue lace agate, hematite, and silver pendant”

Post a Comment

© 2013 Art Mechanism. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks